Week 9: Planar Tracking

The Planar Tracker follows flat surfaces where most points on the surface lie in the same plane.

First of all, I added a Planar Tracking node and created a rough roto around the surface we wanted to change.

After the Roto is tracked, it must be modified with the display planar surface, matching the corner pins of the chosen area. Then export the track by creating a Cornerpin (relative).

I tried to see if the passages I made were working by connecting the Cornerpin relative to a Checkerboard and setting its input.

Afterward, I decided to place a poster. In order to make it looks similar to the comp, were added and corrected some parameters such as Saturation and Grade *is important to remember to not break the chain when adding the same node more than once*

Then I drew a Roto Node to separate the poster from the canvas and premultiplied it.

Later I created a Cornerpin node to match the poster with the surface. Since when I played the video the poster’s pins were not matching the area, I put some keyframes to make it looks perfect.

In the end, I added another Planar Tracker. This time though was created a new group (Holdout) to prevent the pole from being hidden by the poster.

Final result